This Garlic-Fennel-Rosemary Chicken will make you fall in love with fennel, rosemary, and garlic! This topping gives a perfect Mediterranean flavor and light crunch to chicken breasts, while keeping them moist during baking.
Pin for later!
My husband said this was the best chicken I’d ever made! It’s always great to hear that about a recipe that’s so easy to put together.
The only planning ahead needed is to get your fresh herbs when you buy your chicken. If you know someone with a rosemary bush, get to be better friends with her or him!
If you have a mini-food-processor you can use it to chop all the ingredients together. However, the quantity of the paste is so small that it misses most of the fennel seeds. If you don’t mind that (and it works fine that way) then this is the quickest way to prep the paste.
If not, you can do as I do. I just chop the garlic, rosemary, fennel seed and parsley together on a board. Then stir your garlic-herb paste into the oil and add the fennel powder to form the topping.
Add your salt and pepper and you’re ready to smoosh it on top of your chicken and bake!
Enjoy, and let me know what you thought in the comments!
Other great baked dinners on A Meal In Mind
Items pictured are links to purchase on Amazon. If you click on an image and buy a product, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me with the costs of blogging, and I thank you!
Shop Garlic Fennel Rosemary Chicken
Easy Baked Garlic-Fennel-Rosemary Chicken
- 4-5 cloves garlic peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel up to 1 tablespoon if you like fennel as we do
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon salt optional if eating low-salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1½ pounds chicken breasts 2 or 3 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use your mini-food processor to chop the garlic, rosemary, fennel seed and parsley OR use the hand-chopping method shown.
- Transfer the chopped ingredients to a small bowl and add the fennel powder, pepper and salt.
- Stir in the oil.
- Use a flexible spatula to pat the paste evenly onto the surface of each chicken breast.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (20 at sea level, 25 at high altitude) or until a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the breast reads 165 F.
- Serve with roasted Yukon gold potatoes and a favorite vegetable such as these roasted beets and rutabagas.