Stone Fruit Salad with Citrus Dressing
Here is a wonderful, naturally sweet stone fruit salad made from the harvest of late summer. Dashes of orange and lime juice combine in a simple citrus dressing. The dressing brings out the sweet flavor of the stone fruit while adding a tart zip that wakes up the taste buds.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups of washed and chopped fruit
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup optional if the fruit is sweet already
- 1 teaspoon orange or lime zest or a combination
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- mint for garnish optional but tasty
Add all ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk together until well-combined.
Use immediately, or keep covered and refrigerated until ready to use. (Best used as soon as possible after being prepared for best flavor.)
Stir into fruit salad. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes for the flavors to blend. More than that, and the fruit will start to lose moisture to the dressing.