Easy Coconut Milk Tapioca Dessert
This easy coconut milk tapioca pudding is one of the easiest desserts you'll ever make, with just six ingredients and a few minutes on the stovetop. Smooth, creamy and mildly sweet, it can be garnished with your fruit of choice!
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup large pearl tapioca
- 1 can 13.5 ounces full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey; or 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional but delicious
- 1-2 tablespoonfuls of fruit per serving Bananas, berries, etc.
Combine water and large-pearl tapioca in a 2-quart saucepan and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours. Tapioca pearls will partly fall apart.
Stir in coconut milk and salt. Bring to a simmer and heat for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is thickened and the tapioca pearls are translucent.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Stir in the sweetener and the vanilla and mix well.
At this point you need to decide if you want to serve fruit on the side or mixed in. If you want to mix it in, fold it in gently now.
Spoon into serving-size dishes.
Serve warm or cold. Garnish with additional fruit if desired.