Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Dip
For a creamy and flavorful dip that you can easily make at home for a snack or game day, try this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip. It's quick to make in the food processor, and easily customizable for your taste and health goals.
- 16- ounces frozen chopped spinach or Power Greens defrosted and drained
- 14- ounce can artichoke hearts marinated will change the flavor, see note, drained
- 1 8- ounce container yogurt/ cream cheese blend I used Green Mountain brand
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise I used Primal - use vegan mayo if needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers optional, or to taste
For a chunky dip, process the artichoke hearts first. Add the drained artichoke hearts to the food processor and pulse in short bursts until they are chopped but not pureed. Remove them to a separate bowl. (or, add them to the spinach with everything else).
Drain the defrosted chopped spinach in a colander. Wring out excess liquid by squeezing handfuls over the colander. Add to the food processor bowl.
To the spinach, add your yogurt/ cream cheese choice, mayonnaise, chopped green onions, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion and salt.
Process your spinach dip until it is uniformly mixed. Stir in the chopped artichoke hearts and optional jalapeno peppers.
Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight. The dip will develop the most flavor when served the next day.
Canned artichoke hearts are packed in brine; marinated ones are packed in vinegar, oil and herbs. The canned type are more often preferred for this dip, but if you like the marinated ones, feel free to use them.
Recipe adapted from this one.