Low-Carb Nut and Seed Bread - Paleo and Gluten-Free
This low-carb nut and seed bread makes a satisfying loaf, great for toast and with spreads. It's nutrient-dense, high in fiber and Paleo. Try a loaf with your next batch of soup!
Servings 12 slices
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or melted butter if you prefer a dairy option
- ½ cup plain psyllium husk
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar for keto option, use ⅓-½ cup of sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup of partly ground whole flaxseeds see note
- ½ cup of chopped cashews or unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (I recommend coconut oil). Lining with parchment is optional depending on your pan.
Melt the butter or coconut oil and allow to cool.
Using an electric stand mixer add all the dry ingredients and combine well.
Next add the eggs one at a time, the coconut or almond milk, then the coconut oil.
Mix the batter well until fully incorporated. Note that this batter will be thick. In the stand mixer, use a spatula to loosen any ingredients that are sticking on the bottom of the bowl.
Place the batter into the loaf pan and pat smooth.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the bread to fully cool before slicing.
Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 419kcal