Herbed Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
In just 10 minutes you can prepare this refreshing, yet simple herbed balsamic honey vinaigrette to enjoy on savory or fruity salads. Gluten and dairy free.
- 1 small shallot grated, about 2 tablespoonfuls
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1-2 teaspoons aquafaba or extra honey see note
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- ½ tablespoonful chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cranks of fresh cracked pepper or to taste about ½ teaspoonful
Add the shallots, garlic, mustard, honey, aquafaba, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar to a bowl and whisk together. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk.
Once the dressing is emulsified, stir in the basil and rosemary.
Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a small immersion-blender type food processor and blend until smooth.
Aquafaba is the leftover cooking water from garbanzo beans. We save ours in tablespoonfuls in ice cube trays in the freezer. Then we add a cube to each batch of salad dressing. Both aquafaba and honey help the salad dressing emulsify, which means they help keep the oil and water layers from separating.
This recipe is modified from one by Chef Billy Parisi.