Turmeric-ginger lemon tea is a refreshing, immune-boosting drink made with green tea and honey. Garnish this easy yet elegant tea with lemon, lime and mint for a wonderful party beverage!
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 green teabags (use more or less according to preference)
- ½ teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Slices of lemon and/or lime, and mint sprigs, for garnish
- Place a tablespoonful of grated ginger, a half teaspoon of powdered turmeric and two green tea bags in a heatproof 1-quart measuring cup.
- Pour in a quart of boiling water and let steep for 40 minutes. Strain the cooled liquid into a pitcher.
- Dissolve ½ cup honey in 2 cups room-temperature water and add the juice of a lemon. Pour the honey-lemon mixture into the pitcher and chill.
- When you are ready to drink the tea, float thin slices of lime or lemon (or both) and sprigs of mint. Add ice if desired. It’s so good!
Note that even after straining the tea, the turmeric and ginger will sink to the bottom, so keep a spoon handy to stir up the tea before pouring it if you want some of the fine solids to end up in your glass (we do!)
Keywords: green tea, turmeric tea, turmeric-ginger tea, lemon, honey, antioxidants, summer tea, immune-boosters, easy recipe