These strawberry-rhubarb-mint parfaits are cool and so refreshing for the warmer months. Depending on how you make them, parfaits are as good for breakfast as for dessert. Mine are an easy combination of my strawberry-rhubarb-mint compote, yogurt and a nut-spice mixture almost like that in my apple-blueberry crisp. But they’re more fun to eat in layers, right?
- 1 cup almond flour (blanched or unblanched)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon MCT or other neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and stir until the mixture begins to hold together in coarse crumbs.
- Pour into about a 6″ x 10″ baking dish and spread in an even layer about 1/2 inch deep.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until nuts just begin to brown.
- Allow to cool.
- To assemble the parfaits, spoon about 2 tablespoons of fruit on the bottom; top with about 3 tablespoons yogurt; sprinkle on 1-2 tablespoons of nut topping; repeat.
- Garnish with extra fresh fruit and mint sprigs.
Unblanched or blanched almond flour can be used in this topping. The blanched flour will have a lighter taste, while the unblanched is a little more hearty.
Keywords: fruit parfait, yogurt, CoYo, KiteHill, Bobs Red Mill, strawberry, rhubarb, nut topping, almond flour, walnuts, easy dessert, summer dessert