Here is an easy peach-ginger limeade mocktail for your summer parties. It’s as easy as it looks with fresh muddled peaches, lime and gingery simple syrup. Enjoy this refreshing beverage soon!
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger, see note
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 quarts lemon-flavored sparkling water
- Fresh mint sprigs
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. You have now made a less-sweet gingered simple syrup. Remove simple syrup from heat, cover, and steep for about 30 minutes.
2. Over a medium bowl, pour syrup through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing minced ginger against sieve with the back of a spoon to extract flavor and the liquid. Discard ginger. Cover bowl and refrigerate until well chilled.
3. Evenly distribute peach slices among 6-8 tall glasses. For each glass, press peaches with a food mill masher, a muddler, or the back of a wooden spoon to release their juice.
4. Stir the lime juice into the simple syrup. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons chilled syrup over peaches. Pour in seltzer until glasses are about half full, and stir to mix. Add ice cubes; then top with seltzer. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Store remaining syrup in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I found this recipe on Epicurious and have adapted it further, from the book by David Matsumoto and his family.
Keywords: mocktail, peaches, limeade, ginger limeade, peach limeade, peach mocktail, summer mocktail, easy recipe, fresh peaches