This company-dinner shrimp pasta with olives and artichoke hearts is full of Mediterranean flavors and enhanced with white wine and a little feta. We used gluten-free pasta, but any pasta would be delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 –6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts, plus ¼ cup of the marinade
- 1 cup roasted bell pepper strips, drained (I used Jeff’s)
- ¾ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup coconut milk (or more if desired)
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 16 ounces fine pasta, such as gluten-free spaghettini or angel hair, cooked until al dente
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed) (optional)
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat, and add chopped onions. Saute for about 5 minutes until the onions are starting to become translucent, then add garlic and cook for one more minute, just until fragrant.
- Add the wine and coconut milk, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, sliced red peppers, oregano and chopped olives, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, and cook over moderate heat until the shrimp curl and turn pink, several minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, half the parsley and the feta. Check the seasonings and add salt or pepper to taste. At this point you may wish to add more coconut milk, artichoke marinade or wine if you want to dish to contain more sauce.
- While you are simmering the shrimp, cook the pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions (the Angel Hair took 4 minutes). Toss pasta with a little extra virgin olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
- Fold in the cooked pasta, tossing to mix, until everything is evenly blended. Or serve the pasta on the side and have your guests take the amount they want, then spoon the sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the dish with the rest of the parsley.
- Serve hot, with a green salad.
Keywords: shrimp pasta, olives, artichoke hearts, shrimp dinner, Mediterranean dinner, seafood dinner, easy recipe