This raisin chutney is a simple recipe with just a handful of ingredients, takes only 5 minutes to prepare, an hour to soak and an hour to simmer. It is just the right combination of sweet and sour to accompany curries and spiced dishes like my Spiced Beef Lentil Stew.
1 cup raisins, soaked for 1 hour in warm water
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 small handful cilantro for garnish
- After the raisins have soaked, combine them with the spices and vinegar.
- Simmer for an hour until the raisins are plump and soft.
- Squash the raisin mixture with a potato masher. Add a teaspoonful or two of water if needed if the chutney is too thick.
- Top with a garnish of cilantro.
- Serve with a dish like Spiced Beef Lentil Stew.
Keywords: side dish, gluten-free, dairy-free, elimination diet, chutney, easy recipe, dried fruit