This tasty quinoa-chia overnight breakfast pudding is simple, elegant, and satisfying with a range of flavors including mango and banana. GF, DF, vegan. Once you have made the basic recipe, garnish with fruit and yogurt of your choice and enjoy not having to think about what’s for breakfast the next day.
- 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom or nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- Sliced bananas, cubed mango or peach, plain yogurt and a sprinkling of hemp seeds for garnishes
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cooked quinoa and the chia seeds.
- Stir the cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg, and coconut milk into the seed mixture until fully combined. Make a decision about how much honey to add, if any.
- To make individual servings in advance: Pour/spoon evenly into four jars or glasses. Seal and place in the refrigerator overnight. Garnish in the morning.
- To make individual layered servings in the morning: After stirring the ingredients together in the evening, cover the container used for mixing. The next day, fill each glass or jar ⅓ full of the thickened chia-quinoa mixture. Layer in yogurt and fresh fruit. Spoon the remaining chia-quinoa pudding evenly onto the fruit layer, leaving a little space for topping. Top with more yogurt, mango, banana and hemp seeds.
Keywords: quinoa pudding, chia pudding, gluten-free, coconut milk, gluten-free, dairy-free, easy recipe