This delicious dressing gets its tang from white balsamic vinegar and lemon juice, creaminess from Dijon mustard and unique flavor from garlic and fresh herbs. It’s easy enough to make for every day and tasty enough to serve to guests.
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons honey (or 1 tablespoon aquafaba)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3–4 cloves (or more) garlic, pressed or minced (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh herbs, such as thyme, chives or rosemary, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Stir the ingredients together in the order shown. If any ingredients are cold, such as the lemon juice, the honey will take just a bit longer to mix in.
- Stir well.
- Allow the dressing to sit at room temperature for at least a half hour to let the garlic mellow and the herbs release some flavor to the dressing.
- Serve over greens or vegetables of your choice.
The honey or aquafaba each help to emulsify the dressing. This will make it less likely that the oil and water layers will separate.
If you like garlic, use up to double the amount listed here. Pressed garlic will be mellower than minced.
Keywords: vinaigrette, salad dressing, easy recipe, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil dressing, Dijon mustard, aquafaba