I love roasted vegetables, and this is a great combination! White sweet potatoes have a subtle sweetness that complements broccoli’s nutty flavor when roasted. When cut small enough, the sweet potatoes and broccoli are baked in 20 minutes or less!
11/2 pound broccoli, preferably organic, florets separated into bite-size pieces
2 medium white sweet potatoes, sliced in thin wedges about ¼ inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for oiling the pan
1 tablespoon avocado oil (more oil to taste)
1 teaspoon salt (I use Redmond pink sea salt)
1 teaspoon mixed seasoning of choice (I like Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute)
½ teaspoon paprika (or more to taste)
½ teaspoon cumin
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the vegetables on an oiled baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with the oils – add more oil if there is not enough to coat the vegetables lightly. Mix them with your fingers if needed.
- Sprinkle the salt evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the cumin and paprika over the white sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the broccoli is softened and the sweet potatoes are slightly browned. If you are not eating this with a dish like my Beef Stroganoff, they are also delicious with a salad dressing or dip of your choice.
Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, easy