This flourless baked oatmeal is a whole batch of my flourless oatmeal coconut milk pancakes (recipe here) baked into a pie dish. It is filling but not too sweet. As with the pancakes, you can make it sweet or savory.
Mix and allow to soak at least an hour:
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
½ cup raisins
Add after the soaking is complete:
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
½ c chopped apple (optional)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons MCT oil (or coconut oil), to grease the pan
- Stir the oats, coconut milk and raisins together. Cover the bowl and allow to soak at least an hour, and preferably overnight. If you do the overnight soak, place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- After the soaking is complete and you are ready to assemble the rest of the ingredients, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Stir in the lightly beaten eggs and vinegar (if using).
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then stir into the wet ingredients.
- Oil the pan generously with MCT oil or coconut oil.
- Cook the oatmeal until the edges are beginning to look dry and the cooked surface is golden, about 40 minutes. If the center doesn’t spring back to the touch, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with ghee (or butter), fresh fruit, apple butter and dairy or non-dairy yogurt or kefir.
Keywords: gluten-free, dairy-free,