Fresh figs and peaches shine in this salad with marinated, toasted pecans, feta cheese and an herbed balsamic honey vinaigrette. Delicious and naturally gluten-free.
For the Pecans:
- 1 cup of whole or broken pecans
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette/marinade
For the Salad:
- 3 quartered figs
- 1 sliced peach
- 6 slices of turkey bacon, optional
- 2 ounces of crumbled feta
- 4 cups of spring mix salad greens
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- For the Pecans: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Combine the pecans and 2 tablespoonfuls of the balsamic-honey vinaigrette. Allow to marinate in a bowl for 20 minutes while the oven is preheating.
- Place marinated pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet in the oven and toast for 15 minutes until just slightly crisped. Allow to cool.
- For the Salad: place the spring greens onto a platter and arrange the figs, peaches and optional turkey bacon on top.
- Top off with the balsamic pecans and feta cheese. Garnish with basil sprigs or leaves.
- Serve with the balsamic dressing on the side, or dress the whole salad before serving.
Thanks to Chef Billy Parisi for the recipe inspiration.
Keywords: summer salad, fig-peach salad, feta, balsamic vinaigrette, honey vinaigrette, baby green salad, fruit and green salad