This easy coconut milk tapioca pudding is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make, with just six ingredients and a few minutes on the stovetop. Smooth, creamy and mildly sweet, it can be garnished with your fruit of choice!
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup large pearl tapioca
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey; or 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional but delicious)
- 1–2 tablespoonfuls of fruit per serving (Bananas, berries, etc.)
- Combine water and large-pearl tapioca in a 2-quart saucepan and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours. Tapioca pearls will partly fall apart.
- Stir in coconut milk and salt. Bring to a simmer and heat for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is thickened and the tapioca pearls are translucent.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetener and the vanilla and mix well.
- At this point you need to decide if you want to serve fruit on the side or mixed in. If you want to mix it in, fold it in gently now.
- Spoon into serving-size dishes.
- Serve warm or cold. Garnish with additional fruit if desired.
Keywords: coconut milk dessert, pudding, Thai food, banana tapioca