These easy coconut yogurt fruit popsicles show off summer’s fresh blueberries and strawberries and are lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They are refreshing and colorful – a fun red white and blue dessert!
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste (see note)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped and mashed
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, mashed
- Mix the maple syrup into the coconut yogurt.
- Stir about ¼ of the coconut yogurt mixture into the blueberries and ¼ into the strawberries in small dishes.
- Spoon the three mixtures, starting with a generous tablespoonful of each fruit-yogurt mash into the bottom and top of each popsicle mold, then filling in the middle with the yogurt-maple syrup mixture. Place the covers carefully onto the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight until solid.
- To remove popsicles from the mold, flex gently until the popsicle comes loose from the mold. It may take 15 seconds or so, or you can warm the mold with your hands.
- Eat immediately, or place popsicles in a covered glass container in the freezer until ready to be eaten.
The goal of these popsicles is to enjoy fresh fruit and coconut yogurt in a fun way, without adding too much sweetener. Be aware that the amount of sweetener affects the texture of the popsicle. At the level I have given here, the popsicle will seem a little icy, especially in the middle. If you want a softer popsicle and don’t mind them sweeter, add up to 3 tablespoonfuls of maple syrup. If you are not striving for a vegan dessert, you can use honey instead.
Keywords: fruit popsicles, coconut yogurt popsicles, easy popsicles, summer dessert, fresh fruit, berries, dairy free, gluten-free, maple syrup