Here is a simple and refreshing chia-greens peach smoothie bowl recipe — great for an immune boost, or just a fun green breakfast for St. Patrick’s! Only 8 ingredients in the smoothie, not counting garnishes.
- 2 teaspoons moringa powder (see info in post) or spirulina
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen sliced peaches
- 2 handfuls frozen spinach
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1–3 tsp. honey or maple syrup to taste (or none, if peaches are sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- optional garnishes: berries, bananas, kiwi fruit, flax-hemp granola with rice crisps
- Toss ingredients into food processor and whizz for 1-2 minutes or until blended to your preference. Since you are making a bowl rather than a drinkable smoothie, it doesn’t have to be completely smooth. I actually like it to have some texture as long as there are no big chunks of greens.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and garnish with additional fruit and this homemade flax-hemp granola or hemp seeds!
See notes in the post about health benefits; one caution about moringa is that it may not be advised during pregnancy.
Keywords: green smoothie bowl, St. Patrick's breakfast, chia, frozen greens, spinach, moringa, peaches, food processor